Friday, August 14, 2015

August Birchbox | Unboxing

Hello world!

Seems like I was just writing my July Birchbox post! I love getting subscription boxes in the mail because it's like a fun surprise and trying out new products is so fun. This month, as always, I was super pleased with the amount and quality of products I received.  Let’s get right into it!



This month’s box is printed to look like a pool, and I really dig it. Turquoise is my favorite color and this design is so pretty and fun for summer!



At first glance, these 6 products look like such a good bargain for only $10 and I was really pleased with the variety of each one.





Products

 Benefit Cosmetics Air Patrol Eyelid Primer - Full size, $29




This will be a great way for me to branch out a little with my makeup collection. As I mentioned in my Top 5 MAC Products Post, I’m a lover of the Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as an eyeshadow base, and sometimes I’m guilty of sticking with the same products over and over again. At first glance, this looks like a great alternative. I’ve always been a fan of Benefit, so I have a lot of faith in this already.


2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More cleanser - Full size, $35



The day before this box arrived, I was saying to a friend that I wanted to find something to shrink my pores to manage annoying blackheads around my nose.  This claims to “degunk pores for fewer blackheads and smoother skin”. After one use, my skin felt tighter and super clean!


3. LAQA & Co. Charm School Kit - Set of 3, $20




This crayon kind of reminds of the Multiple by NARS product that can be used on more than one area of the face. This is meant for cheek and lip color, and I love the shade that I received. It’s a really pretty peachy color that looks great as both blush or lipstick and is perfect look for the summer.


4. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect, Full size, $32



I didn’t even mean to list this product fourth, so I laughed when I saw the brand name of this product! As I’ve mentioned many times (seriously it's so annoying, I can't stop talking about it) my dry and damaged hair is such a nuisance to me. I’m finally sucking it up and getting a big haircut tomorrow (AHH, so nervous) but I’m still happy to have received this. I’m going to make a big effort to protect the ends and care for my hair after I get it cut so I can avoid it getting so damaged this time. 

 This product is a leave in conditioner that seems really healthy for your hair. It’s sulfate-free and strengthens and nourishes the hair to keep it from breaking and preventing split ends. This made my hair feel super soft and shiny and I can’t wait to try it again after I get my haircut.

5. Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color - Full size, $59



As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I recently started using Oribe conditioner and I’m in love with it. This brand is definitely pricey, so that’s why I was so excited to receive products from them. This is supposed to tame frizz and counteract dryness which, as I mentioned above, is something I am always seeking to do. I’m going to try to make this one last as long as possible because I wouldn’t want to shell out so much money unless it’s an incredible product.


6. Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color - Full size, $14-42



Like I just said, I’m a huge fan of Oribe hair products, and I’m much happier with the price of this one if I eventually decide to purchase the full size version.  I haven’t tried this one out yet, but I’m sure I won’t be disappointed when I do try it. If you’re looking for a high quality product that’s great for your hair, definitely try out Oribe. It may be a bit expensive, but every once in a while, it’s a great splurge option.


I’m really satisfied with these 6 products (still can’t believe I got 6 this month!) and I’m happy to find a place for them in my everyday beauty routine.

What do you think about the products I got? Have you received anything really awesome from Birchbox or any other subscription box service? Leave a comment and let me know or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com

As always, thanks for reading! Click to follow me on Pinterest and Bloglovin’ . Be sure to check back soon for new posts!

Bye for now,
Christine

9 comments:

  1. Great products dear!! ^-^ I would also love to receive every months such a cute boxes in my mail!
    Have a nice day!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Subscription boxes are super fun :)

      Delete
  2. That Birchox is so cute! It definitely makes me want to buy it, just because of the packaging!
    Jenna Marie | jennamarie98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean, their packaging is always awesome!

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can read more about the award on my blog - I'd love for you to join in as it's a great way to discover new blogs and make new friends in the blogging community :)
    Elle - http://elleandherbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much!! So nice of you :) I'll definitely check it out and post my own sometime this week. Thanks again xx

      Delete
  4. I really want a box like this every month! Like Christmas or my birthday :) love it ! x

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that was so cheap for $10! Love the look of the crayon.x

    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good deal for so cheap! The crayon is one of my favorites, for sure :)

      Delete